Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Peek Into the Code (And What it Looks Like)

So I've had a few questions about the code, and I just would like to clear up some confusion and let everyone know kind of what this looks like. The code I'm working with now looks something like this:
Note that the "code" portion is on the right-hand side of the screen, as the PythonShell is on the left. Also note that this is not nearly the code in it's entirety (this is actually quite a small portion as the entire program, as of now, it has about 700 lines of code) and is, in actuality, much larger. The code, when executed, runs the GUI (graphical user interface) which is depicted in my previous blog and is the program. On the left-hand side, you have the Shell, which is where errors are displayed and things can be printed. If something were to be broken, the shell would shoot you an error and I'd have to debug it and make it run; if something doesn't work the code cannot execute and an error will be displayed. Neither the shell nor the code will be visible when a user would be actually using the calculator.

I don't want to venture too much into explaining how the code works due to the fact that it gets really intricate really fast. I did, however, want to show people exactly what I'm doing when I say I am "coding" or "programming." This is pretty much it. Just typing the code on the right side and running it, fixing and tweaking as I go. As always, if you have any questions concerning anything please ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment